Friday, July 8, 2011

safety

There are a few things you can do to lessen unnecessary risks when living in your own home as a quad, whether you are living alone or not. The day may come when you need help. It could be trouble with your door, having something you need but can't reach, or something more serious. Get to know your landlord, your neighbor or concierge. I recently moved in to a new place, and one of my neighbors came by and said if I ever needed anything, just to ask. She even gave me her phone number. The word spread in the building that I had moved in and everyone has been friendly and come forward to say hello or offer assistance. Even if I never need to ask for help, it's a great way to break the ice and meet new people.

Another important step is to let the local fire department that you are there. If there were a fire, they need to know that there are special circumstances, and that you may need help evacuating. As I learned in the Boy Scouts, be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment