Monday, July 18, 2011

kick ass

I don't care much for being given false hopes as I've mentioned in my earlier blogs. However, there are times when you are told 'no', and you need to not accept that answer.

I had my drivers' license before I was disabled. When I tried to get it again afterwards, I was refused the right to even take a test. Driving was one thing I wasn't going to give up without a fight. It took several months of going back and forth, with the help of an ombudsman, but I was eventually allowed to take the test. The driving examiner told me that if all his drivers were that good, his job would be an easy one. I'm still driving over 30 years later.

Sometimes you just know when the answer you get is wrong, and you've got to go out and kick a little ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment