Wednesday, July 6, 2011

juggling

If you're a new quad, you got a lot to juggle. Some of the things that may not seem important now might have consequences down the line. One thing I've noticed is that most quads I see have the fingers in their hand fairly open. In my case, they are more closed. Looking back, I remember that wearing the splints they gave me for my hands was very uncomfortable. I remember constantly taking them off, and not getting much resistance. Actually, maybe I did get resistance and just don't remember. Maybe I was just being my stubborn old self.

What I have now are hands that are tighter than they should have been. I'm not sure if I'm better off or worse off because of it, but I do know it would have been good to understand my decision and it's repercussions. So, no matter how trivial something you do might seem now, be sure you understand both sides to the decision.

Hands down, it's the right way to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment