Thursday, July 7, 2011

gadgets

Gadgets, also known as Aides to Daily Living are very important in the life of a quad. You'll surely be suggested may 'devices' from your Occupational Therapist, and can find all sorts of neat ideas from catalogs. But some of the best and most useful ones that I have are ones I threw together quickly.

Probably the most important one I have, is my modified coat hanger. I took an old metal coat hanger (the kind you get from the dry cleaner) and stretched it out, with the hook at one end. You can bend the hook into a tighter "J" to give it more strength. If you've dropped something, or something is just out of reach, this can be a life saver. I keep 2 in my car, one in the bedroom and another in the kitchen. I'll try and post a pic soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment