Saturday, July 2, 2011

heat wave

It's that time of year here, when the temperatures can and are getting pretty hot. Since my blood doesn't circulate as well, my body isn't able to regulate it's temperature as well as it needs to. This means I have to be extra aware of my body's temperature. This advice is based only my experience, and not meant to be professional medical advice.

When I've gotten so hot that I can barely function, I find putting cold wet towels on my body can help. There are spots that I find have a bigger effect, like the side of my neck under my ear. A wet towel around the neck can be great. You may find other spots work for you. I've also found that if I burn myself, keeping a cold wet towel on the burn can have a dramatic effect on the burn. Be sure and keep the towel damp and leave it on 10-15 minutes.

Meanwhile, enjoy the weather, and be careful when you're around sources of heat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment