Wednesday, September 7, 2011

changes

Life is full of changes, some are big, most are small. Well I'm making a big one. For the last 35 years I've managed with a manual wheelchair, and the last 25 years driving a car. That meant getting in and out of the car in whatever weather there was. It's been getting harder, and my joints and muscles are showing signs of wear.

So I made the decision, it's time for a power chair, and (gulp), a mini-van. Over the past few days, I've been working on seeing the positive sides of this decision. I'm going to be much more mobile outside, and maybe I'll get out more since getting into my vehicle will be simpler and quicker. As for the switch from my BMW coupe to a mini-van, that was harder. I did it by finding a fun little truck that could be converted instead of a mini-van. It's smaller, cuter and cheaper. The only problem is that I found out they aren't available in Canada. Then I found out that government subsidies take up to 6 months to be processed. So my idea of an easier winter seems to be unattainable. Seems to be... so now it's time to figure out how to make this big change happen in a more timely fashion. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment